Tips for drying hair properly and have silky hairFebruary 4, 2012
Often this is the number one cause that we have damaged hair, it is necessary that we know how to blowdry your hair properly to keep it nice and silky, unlike a scarecrow. Here are some tips:
Do it correctly:
- Start applying to slightly damp hair styler product lotion or mousse to make hair more manageable.
- Work from root to tip and give hair a massage with your fingers to finish drying, or use the dryer on low heat.
- Note that the heat is potentially damaging to the hair, because the hair loses oils and moisture, which makes it more prone to dryness.
- Use the dryer when the hair is almost dry, and never on high.
- Keep the dryer at least 15 inches away from your head to avoid damaging the hair root.
- Uses warm air in the direction your hair grows.
- The high temperature is to dry, and low styling.
- Use a round brush at the proper gauge length and volume of your hair.
- Divide the hair strands, holding it with clips at the top of the head, and dropping stands of hair as they become dry.
- If your hair is rebellious, break it into fine strands, if compliant, the strands may be thicker.
- Go strand by strand, the lower layers to upper layers.
- If you want the hair curled inward, place the round brush below the lock and sliding from the root to the tip as you apply heat.
- If you want wavy hair out, wrap the brush in the hair and pull it gently as you dry.
- Do not stay too long in one section of hair, otherwise it'll bry out the hair.